Week Two has seen OBI’s Manufacturing and Innovation Roadshow travel hundreds of miles, from McMinnville to Klamath Falls and through Cottage Grove on its way to Portland. Nearly a dozen manufacturers and institutions have led tours for our guests, who include elected officials, local leaders and members of the media. Along the way, most of them added their signatures to the side of our distinctive Roadshow bus.
Here’s what participants in the Roadshow saw and did in Week Two:
- The second week of the Roadshow began at Schnitzer Steel’s Cascade Rolling Mills in McMinnville, which turns recycled scrap metal into new products.
- Following the Schnitzer Steel tour, the Roadshow moved to Newburg to tour A-dec, the world’s leading manufacturer of dental operatory equipment.
- From A-dec, the Roadshow made the short hop to A to Z Wineworks, one of Oregon’s largest wineries and a certified B Corporation.
- Tuesday began with a tour of Cascade Poly Pipe and Conduit in Woodburn. The company makes conduit from recycled plastic for use in broadband and electric power projects.
- From Woodburn, the Roadshow bus drove to Eugene for a tour of Sierra Pacific Industries’ facility. The sawmill processes Douglas fir, and a cogeneration plant generates sustainable energy using wood waste.
- Wednesday began at NIC Industries in White City, which produces coatings. The company won the 2020 Walmart Open Call for its headlight restoration kits.
- The Roadshow next toured Rogue Valley Microdevices in nearby Medford. Rogue Valley manufactures silicon wafers for a wide variety of applications.
- On Thursday, the Roadshow visited the Oregon Institute of Technology in Klamath Falls, touring its Center for Excellence in Engineering and Technology.
- The Roadshow next visited Wilsonart, also in Klamath Falls, which manufactures engineered surfaces used in homes, hotels and health-care facilities.
- Week Two will wrap up Friday with tours of Weyerhaeuser‘s Cottage Grove sawmill and Heritage Specialty Foods in Milwaukie.
Want to know where the Roadshow is headed during its third and final week? Check out the itinerary here.
The Roadshow visited Weyerhaeuser’s sawmill in Cottage Grove to kick off Aug. 12.